1. General Statement
- Personal information is defined in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) and means information or an opinion about an individual whose identity is apparent or can be reasonably ascertained from that information or opinion.
2. Collection of Personal Information
- Nundle Woollen Mill only collects personal information for the purposes of conducting our business as a retailer of goods and services. The personal information we collect from you will include information you give us when you:
(a) register or subscribe to our Website;
(b) complete a transaction with us; and
(c) contact us.
- The personal information that we collect on individuals may include, but is not limited to:
(a) your name;
(b) your contact details;
(c) your payment details; and
(d) other personal information that we collect in the course of a transaction or that you provide to us when you contact us.
- We may collect personal information from individuals who are not customers of our business but whose personal information is given to us by those individuals via our Website or in the course of a transaction.
- Where reasonably practicable, we attempt to collect information directly from individuals. When we collect information, we will generally explain to the individual why we are collecting it, who we give it to and how we will use or disclose it or, alternatively, those matters will be obvious from the circumstances.
- If we collect information about an individual from someone else, we will take reasonable steps to ensure that the individual is made aware of the matters listed in clause 2.4.
- We will collect personal information from you by lawful and fair means and not in an unreasonably intrusive way.
- When you visit our Website, for the purpose of managing our Website and improving our business, we may also collect the following information:
(a) your computer’s operating system;
(b) your computer’s browser type and capabilities;
(c) your computer’s Internet Protocol (IP) address and geolocation;
(d) web pages visited, including how you were referred to each web page; and
(e) web page usage statistics, including the time spent on each web page. In addition, third parties may place and read cookies on your browser, or use web beacons or similar technologies to collect information, including, where applicable, for the Google Trusted Stores program.
Cookies can be managed by accessing the individual settings in your browser.
(f) The first time you visit this site, a browser cookie is generated to identify you as a new visitor. If you were referred to this site by another site, the referral site is also tracked in a cookie. This allows us to create customised messaging and notices for each of our site visitors. This data is retained in your web browser until cleared by you or your browser.
(g) Some forms on this site require the use of Google’s reCAPTCHA service before they can be submitted. If you consent to use Google’s reCAPTCHA service, a cookie is created that stores your consent. This cookie deletes itself after thirty days.
- The first time you visit this site, a browser cookie is generated to identify you as a new visitor. If you were referred to this site by another site, the referral is also tracked in a cookie. This allows us to create customised messaging and notices for each of our site visitors. This data is retained in your web browser until cleared by you or your browser.
- We will not identify users or their browsing activities, except where required by law or in accordance with our Terms & Conditions of Sale.
3. Using and Disclosing Your Personal Information
- We will generally use or disclose your personal information only for the primary purpose for which it was collected; or for a related secondary purpose where you would reasonably expect us to use or disclose the personal information for that secondary purpose. We may otherwise use and disclose your personal information if you have given us consent for the use or disclosure or it is required or authorised by law.
- Generally, we use and disclose your personal information for the purpose of providing you with the goods or services that you have requested, or otherwise to enable us to carry out our business as an online retailer of goods and services.
- If those purposes for which we have collected the information involve providing personal information about an individual to any third party, we will take appropriate and reasonable steps to ensure any personal information is protected.
- We will generally only use personal information for marketing if you have given express or implied consent or it is impracticable to seek consent before this use.
- When registering with Nundle Woollen Mill, you consent to Nundle Woollen Mill using your personal information, such as your email address, for direct marketing purposes. This includes sending you emails with offers to purchase. You may opt out of receiving these direct marketing communications at any time. Our electronic marketing activities will comply with the requirements of the Spam Act 2003 (Cth).
4. Security of Your Personal Information
We take steps to protect the personal information we hold against loss, unauthorised access, use, modification or disclosure and against other misuse. When no longer required, personal information is destroyed in a secure manner or deleted.
5. Access to Your Personal Information
- Under the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth), you have certain rights to access the personal information we collect and hold about you.
- Generally, we will allow an individual access to the personal information we hold about them within a reasonable time after it is requested. When requesting such access please identify the precise type/s of information requested.
You may make a request by sending us an email to email@example.com or by writing to us at:
Nundle Woollen Mill
35 Oakenville Street
Nundle NSW 2340
- We take those steps reasonable in the circumstances to ensure that the personal information that we collect, use and disclose is accurate, up to date and complete. Where an individual requests to correct information, we will take reasonable steps to correct the information, having regard to the purpose for which it is held. You may lodge a request to correct personal information in the manner outlined in clause 5.2 above.
- To make a complaint about a breach of the Australian Privacy Principles, which includes how we handle your personal information, you may contact us via phone or write to us at the address provided in clause 5.2 above. We will endeavour to respond to your complaint within a reasonable time after it is received. If you are not satisfied by our response, you may acquire further information regarding privacy from the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner.